Art and Design Specialist Contextual Investigation
The year 2 research project is intended to focus my independent research in relation to my own specialism. With guidance from tutors, I will devise my own project which will reflect on and coordinate with my own studio work and individual interests. The project should be between 2500 and 4500 words for the main body of the text. The minimum word count may not allow me to fully demonstrate the range of research and analysis needed to achieve the higher grade bands.
Guidlines to consider when choosing subject:
- I should choose a subject that is related to my own specialist interests in ongoing studio work.
- My subject will need to be appropriate for my couse specialism.
- I must be able to identify a wide range of sources to use for my research.
1. Know how the work of historical and contemporary specialist practicioners can influence current practice.
2. Understand the context in which specialist work was produced.
3. Understand the fuction, purpose and qualities of creative specialist work.
4. Be able to evaluate, stucture and present findings.